Sunday, July 12, 2015

Oh, Airbnb how I love thee! Let me count the ways you have helped me plan my trip to Andalusia.


After a year of living and traveling in Spain, I am finally making my way down to Andalusia, the southern part of Spain. A place where the beaches are said to be very beautiful and the people are so happy.  How can you not be happy when the sun is shining all day!  Well the time has finally come and I will be heading there from August 8-14th. I have been wanting to go there since the first day I arrived in Madrid.  

Bilbao, Leon, Asturias, Barcelona, Valencia, Extremadura, Segovia and Toledo are some of the places that I have visited while I've been here in Spain.  

Visiting the Roman Amphitheater n Merida, Spain. 


Striking a pose on top of one of the castles in Trujillo, Spain. 
Barcelona will always hold a special place in my heart. 

We have decided to use Airbnb, a website where people rent out their homes.  Instead of staying in a typical hotel, you can now have a unique experience and for a fraction of the cost. It depends on what kind of place you pick and you can choose to rent out the whole house or a room.  Don't get me wrong, some people have listed their mansions on there and those can go for just as much as suite in four star hotel. But overall, Airbnb gives you options as to how much you want to spend and offers great places to stay. 



I have used Airbnb in the past but not as a guest but as a host. And I will have to say, it was a great way to make extra money while I lived in Santa Monica, California.  I think it is one of the best inventions since Uber and Lyft. It helps everyone out! 

Driving from Malaga to Cadiz


We will be driving in from Malaga, where we will first spend two days staying at a friend's apartment.  Then it will be off to Cadiz for five days. 

Our first stop in Cadiz will be Tarifa.  The town is located on the Costa de la Luz and across the Straits of Gibraltar facing Morocco.  

First stop Tarifa, Cadiz, where the beaches are know for windsurfing and also their beautiful beaches.
I was lucky enough to find an incredible house with a private garden, 100m from the sea and 500m west of a private sandy beach.  It is surround by nature it is self sufficient where the electricity is produced by the wind and sun. It also has access to a self service organic vegetable garden and did I say it has amazing views around the area.  


I was a little hesitant of picking a place to stay other than a hotel but the owner of the house has already been in contact with me and has given us so much information on places to visit in the area.  I am really excited about this house and I could not have asked for a better place to stay.  I guess we will see when we go but I have a very good feeling about this. 

We will be driving up the coast of Cadiz and visiting areas such as Playa de Bolonia, Vejer de la Frontera, Zahara de los Atunes and of course the capital of Cadiz. 


Map of Cadiz
We will visit Playa Bolonia.  It is said to be one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Spain. 
We will also check out the beautiful town of Vejer de la Frontera, where the houses are painted all white and has amazing views.

We will keep driving North and stop in Zahara de los Atunes.
And last but not least we will check out the area of the capital of Cadiz. 

We will stay two nights in Tarifa and two nights near the capital of Cadiz in a town called El Puerto de Santa Maria. For those two nights, we have decided to stay in hotel to visit the surrounding areas.  I guess we will see which one is better.  

But for my opinion, if you have not heard about Airbnb, I encourage you to step out of your normal hotel situation and find a unique experience like this to spend your holiday in.  And if you want to be more adventurous, I dare you to put your home on there and become a host! You will thank me later after how much money you made!

If you would like to sign up: Please do so with the link below. 

I am looking forward to this trip and I have a feeling that my heart will stay in Andalusia. Even though I was born in Chicago, one of the worst places for weather but an amazing and beautiful city overall, despite the weather, I am a beach girl by heart. <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment